Staying up with a sick baby has put a serious crimp on my blogging plans this week, but it certainly doesn’t stop others from some excellent writing. Here are some of my favorite reads from the past week:
- 60 Minutes ran a story this week on the local casino boom. I recently looked into several gaming stocks and found most fairly to slightly overvalued, but Value Uncovered has a nice writeup on casino chip maker Gaming Partners. I am going to take a closer look at GPIC.
- Barel Karsan has an interesting look at the recent action in Acme United stock. ACU has been on my radar for quite a while, and it is possible the recent run-up could come to an end.
- Frank Voisin demonstrates that bad comparisons can happen to good stocks. In this case SuperValu is being unfavorably compared to Great Atlantic & Pacific, creating a value opportunity.
- Whopper Investments covers a potential “net-net” opportunity in ABIX.
- A reader of Geoff Gannon reports positively on a stock I covered earlier, Stanley Furniture. While his conclusion is different than the one I posted in December, I always enjoy reading a contrasting opinion on a stock I’ve researched.
Enjoy the links, and hopefully I’ll be able to return to blogging next week.